Hi! Welcome to Juicy Bites! My name is Rhonda and I live in San Clemente, CA with my husband and 2 boys. I started a food blog because I thought it would be a great way to record the recipes that I make for my family and friends as well as a way to share them with anyone who is interested! I love the idea of having an on line cook book with things that I love to cook. When I started Juicy Bites, I had NO idea how many food bloggers there were. I also had no idea that people blog for a living…and make good money doing it! I used to search Food Network whenever I needed a recipe idea, and while I still love the Food Network, I find that I look more and more to food blogs to find my cooking inspiration.
I love the idea that anyone, anywhere in the world, can share the food that they have created with a few clicks. I also love that food blogs are not just about food, but also tell you a little (or a lot) about the people who cook it. You get a glimpse into someones life, a story behind each recipe.
Juicy Bites is definitely a work in progress! Just like I had no idea about how big the food blogosphere was, I also had no idea how much time and effort it takes to photograph food, write up recipes, and get it all to look good on the web. I started taking pictures with my iPhone before getting a DSLR camera that I have yet to master. Making food look fabulous in a photo is not nearly as easy as I thought it would be! Writing a recipe is not easy for me either. I’m a pinch of this and a handful of that kind of cook, which doesn’t really translate to a recipe very well. Most things I like to make aren’t the kind of recipes that have to be super precise. I don’t bake much for that reason. I also rarely follow a recipe exactly. I love to get ideas and inspiration from recipes, then change them up a little.
Here are a few other random things about me…
- I love making cocktails. My friends think I’m the queen of making Margaritas. My tombstone will probably read “Here lies Rhonda Lauterbach, Wife, Mother and Queen of Making Margaritas.”
- I love pasta. Too much. And good bread. Way too much.
- I love the wine country. Santa Ynez Valley, Paso Robles, Sonoma, Napa…Love them all. A day in the wine country with family and friends, perfection!
- I love going out to eat.
- Sometimes when I’m cooking I pretend I’m on the Food Network on my own cooking show. My kids think I’m a weirdo when I do that.
- I’m half Mexican.
- I LOVE cheese! Cheese does NOT love me when I eat too much of it…TMI?
- I grew up in Santa Barbara, CA. It’s one of my favorite places.